Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am not a glam prop: Tamanna


In these days of heroine’s being utilized only for glamour roles, a disparate actress Tamanna retorts, “I am not a glam prop in my movies.”
Budding actress Tamanna debuted to Telugu cinema in ‘Sri’ paired up with Manoj. A bad start as the movie turned out to be a disaster at the box office. Yet, she made a comeback with ‘Happy Days’ directed by Shekhar Kammula. The blockbuster flick of 2007 bought wide fame for the actress and baked her in glory.
Since then she has been busy acting in both Telugu and Tamil in a number of movies. Her upcoming movie in Telugu is ‘Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam’ opposite Siddharth.
During a recent talk with the star, she expressed her choicest roles and her desire to enact characters which could be admired by family and youngsters alike. My presence on screen should be elegant and not revealing which might embarrass the audience.
On a question over the glam part, she said,” I would like to play in roles that give me an opportunity to act and attain a name as an artist. I don’t want to be stamped as a glamour heroine and I suggest the same for everyone as not to mark or treat any actress restricting them to glam roles.”

No comments:

Post a Comment