Wednesday, September 9, 2009

'Eeram has all the emotions from my life'


Any film from director Shankar's production house, S Pictures is eagerly awaited. From 2004, S Pictures has been very active in producing quality films. Starting from Kadhal by Balaji Shaktivel, Shankar has given opportunities to first time directors to showcase their talent.

The latest debut director S Pictures is introducing is Arivazhagan Venkatachalam. The Tamil film Eeram directed by Arivazhagan has caught the interest of people from the day the first ad appeared in the newspapers.

The first time director speaks to Shobha Warrier on his film.

You had assisted Shankar in Boys and Anniyan before making Eeram. What did you learn from him?

After I passed out from the Film Institute, I applied for work under Shankar Sir as I hold him in high esteem. I was asked to suggest an idea and then narrate it like a film. I did that and he seemed to like the way I narrated the story because I was selected to work as his assistant.

When I started working for Boys, I understood why he was such a successful director. Not many people have the kind of passion he has for films. From the first discussion to post production work, he works relentlessly and passionately, and I feel that is why he is one of the most successful directors in India. All young directors should learn this attitude from him if they want to be successful in the field of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment