Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Charmme prefers family to pubs


Charmme is on cloud nine. Wondering why? She has just received the coveted Nandi award for Best Actress from the Andhra Pradesh government. Her initial reaction was, "I have no words to express my joy." However, like a true professional, she quickly added, "I was destined to play the title role in Manthra. The movie was released with great difficulty but the audience made it a winner. And now, the best actress award ... Oh God! I need to pinch myself to believe it!"

Going by the popularity of her roles, was she awaiting an award? "Yes, I was anticipating it for quite some time. I thought I would get it for Anukokunda Oka Roju and Rakhi, but I didn't," she confessed. Well, contrary to her screen image, she seems quite traditional. "Neither am I a party animal nor do I visit pubs frequently. I prefer to spend time with my family," she said. Her other unknown facet could leave many surprised! "Cooking is one of my favourite pastimes. I love cooking chicken," revealed the charming chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment