Sunday, January 25, 2009

Second coming for Moncia Bedi


Actress Monica Bedi talks to PT about her forthcoming reality show, films and ishq-vishq. This gutsy gal has risen from the biggest disaster of her life, like a proverbial Phoenix and is now gearing up to take up the challenges of tinseltown like a true-blue professional. And this time, actress Monica Bedi is not willing to get distracted, come what may. PT catches up with her to know the aces that she has up her sleeves.Try probing her on the “close friendship” that she shared with her house mate Rahul Mahajan and Monica goes on the back foot. After a pregnant pause, she says, “Honestly speaking, Rahul and I haven’t even met after coming out of the Bigg Boss’s house, except at award functions.” Do we detect a flicker of disappointment here? “I am starting my second stint in the glam world and I really have no time for a man.Love is a full- time job and I can’t afford that luxury at this critical point. So, there is no point in meeting Rahul when I am not prepared for a commitment. But, we talk on the phone,” she confesses. And, what about all that flirting that took place in the house? “I never took Rahul’s flirting seriously. He’s just a naughty and harmless friend and he’s doing quite well as a judge on children’s show Chhote Miyan. I’m proud of him!” says Monica with a laugh.What are the professional assignments that are keeping her so busy these days? Perking up, the actress says, “I am getting a lot of women-oriented roles. But, I would rather opt for quality than quantity. My new television reality show is starting from February and two of my films will go on the floors in March. But, there’s a confidentiality clause, which prohibits me from giving the details. I am looking forward to a happy and busy phase in life! Having shifted to my new apartment, I now have quite a few neighbours who hail from film and television industry. It’s heartening to feel their warmth, and I have finally come out of my shell,” she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment