Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shriya is not comfortable with sexy tag

With delicious chocolate-skin, doe-eyed gaze and a figure that's carved-to-perfection, you'd swear sexy Shriya could make the mercury vaporize right out of that thermometer! Yes..., we recognize that grin as you reminisce how she steamed up the magcover in a...err... swimwear. She tells us she isn't comfortable being tagged 'sex symbol,' even as we discover an actress eager to make it big, and a diva addicted to work and fitness. Comfortable being called a sex-symbol? "Not really. I think it's too in-the-face. I'd be happier getting attention as an actor. I'd rather be called sensuous than a sex-symbol. And, the cover-shoot wasn't really a bikini bikini, it was a swimwear shoot, of course, it was glamorous," said Shriya.

So, what do we call you then?
I don't know; a mix of the girl-next-door and a glamorous actor.
Are you a diva off-screen too?
Off screen, I'm the girl who likes to swim, workout and is addicted to yoga. I also like to read and spend time with friends and family.
Your swimwear shoot came close on the heels of a controversy over your dressing. Rather brazen, some would say.
I'm quite a stubborn person, but it's not something I'm proud of. I do what I like to do, but no, I wasn't trying to make a statement with that shoot.
How do you deal with all the male attention you get?
(Pause)... It's nice when people like you, that's what you work hard for, no?
That's rather diplomatic.
We all enjoy attention. We're made that way!
The secret to Shriya's figure?
Lots of yoga and workout. A good state of mind helps. I've realised I tend to gain weight when I'm not in a positive frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment