Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jagapathi Babu refused at first: ‘Dil’ Raju


‘Aakasamantha’ produced by ‘Dil’ Raju on Sri Venkateshwara Creations banner has Jagapathi Babu playing a prominent role in the film. Directed by Radha Mohan, Prakash Raj and Trisha enact the role of a father and daughter in the movie.

During a recent press meet producer ‘Dil’ Raju said, “We had a special character in the film which has ample scope to perform. I later sent the DVD of the Tamil version of ‘Aakasamantha’ title ‘Abhiyum Naanum’ to Jagapthi Babu and asked his consent to do the role. He called me and refused to accept my proposal.”

‘He said as he is playing hero at present in three films, he might not suit the cameo. In another effort keeping our longtime acquaintance in mind, I approached him for a second opinion and said it would be a valuable addition for the film. After a few minutes of deep thinking, he agreed and I am thankful for him consenting to my request.’

We are making efforts to complete the shooting by February and release the film for Ugadi on March 27, said Raju.

No comments:

Post a Comment